Coast Landscape Management is seeking qualified Regional Manager for the Napa and East Bay areas. Position will be based in Napa, CA. We are a growing commercial landscape maintenance company with a passion for the green industry, a drive to be the best and a penchant to have fun while working hard!
The successful candidate will have at least five years of landscape maintenance experience, preferably in a supervisory capacity, horticultural degree, industry certifications, a positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and great organization. This is a critical position directly responsible for the quality, productivity and safety in our field operations. You will supervise Managers, Technicians and Crews, as well as be a front line of contact in customer accounts and relationships so we are looking for the right personality and a motivated self-starter. Experience with customer service, commercial maintenance, irrigation, fleet management, equipment care, safety training, pesticide use and reporting, renovation bidding and installation, budgeting and human resource activities is required. Clean CA driver’s license and excellent computer skills also a must.
We offer competitive salary with profit sharing, medical benefits, 401k with matching, company vehicle and more.
This is an executive level management position. Serious and experienced candidates must submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume via email at email@example.com.
Responsible for client satisfaction and company profitability via the oversight and management of daily operations in the delivery of landscape maintenance services including the Area Managers, Enhancement and Irrigation departments, as well as P.C.O., Mechanic and Office staff. The Regional Manager must be proficient in managing all tasks relating to production, safety and record keeping.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects in personnel management which includes identifying, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates; training, motivating, rewarding, evaluating, disciplining and termination of existing personnel, including Area Managers.
- Implements and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook and Safety Manual.
- Meets with clients and others as requested by contracts, agreements or division needs on a regular basis. Performs direct assistance and customer support in conjunction with Managers.
- Maintains daily communication with Area, Enhancement and Irrigation staff regarding scheduling, to review job cost reports, and to coordinate resource needs.
- Directs Mechanic activities to ensure that equipment and vehicle maintenance is in compliance with Office of Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Assists and provides input to Sales Team for new business development, including review of bids, extra work proposals and presentations.
- Expand and seek public relations and community outreach activities.
- Directs all daily activities of Office staff.
- Complete performance reviews and establish goals for Managers, Mechanics and Administration Support
- Provides in-house/on the job training for a variety of programs.
- Accounts for the pesticide usage program including compliance with Federal, State and County regulations pertaining to pesticide training, storage, disposal, and usage reporting. Monitors compliance with all hazardous materials requirements.
- Proactively manages company financial resources and accounts for financial performance which includes the preparation, administration and monitoring of budgets and the definition and attainment of profitability goals.
- Creates, plan and directs strategies to improve efficiency of current operational systems and reduce operating cost for profit optimization.
- Establishes and monitors quality assurance and safety programs.
- Directs the implementation and administration of new client contracts.
- Coordinates and plans all equipment and materials purchases, including vehicles
- Communicates directly and honestly with all staff and Owners.
- Reports all activities to headquarters where appropriate.
This position reports directly to the COO and interacts with the Owners, CEO and other Regionals.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Horticulture or related field.
- Certification as LIC, CLT and CLP (Certified Landscape Technician/Professional).
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in commercial landscape management.
- Valid CA Drivers License and insurable by company insurance carriers.
- Continued personal development of leadership skills via external course work.